Saturday, March 9, 2013

Celebrating Lent


.
Lent 2013: Day 22

TV, Catholic TV anyway, is dedicating much of its air time these days to the coming election of a new Pope. Interviews with those who know so and so; what do you think of this Cardinal; should he be Italian… all of these questions, observations, etc are responding to the interests of people all over the world.

I’m not certain I have my favorites, no… actually I don’t. What is uppermost in my thoughts is that the man to be elected as Pope will be one who is as much like Christ as any man can be. Certainly he must have other qualities as well but I want this new Vicar of Christ to reflect the person of Christ first and foremost.

We are all created to become like Christ. But this one man who stands in the place of Christ for us, must reflect the image of Christ in a most engaging way.

??? Am I praying that the Holy Spirit guide these Cardinals in their choice ???





.

No comments: