Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Celebrating Lent: 2013



.
Lent 2013: Day 18

I’ve been a practicing Catholic for over 66 years now. I’ve never “fallen away” or left the practice of my faith. I don’t say that clinging to that statement as a Badge of Pride, it’s just true.

Oh yes, I have been discouraged, angry, upset, disgusted, hurt, offended, (shall I go on???); but I have kept running the race. You see, I belong, of my own free will - based on a Call. I am a member of His Body no matter what some earthly creature may attempt to do to destroy that Body, built on a Rock. The Church has many members (where have I heard that before?), parts – as does the human body. When one of those members (parts) chooses to leave the body, the body is simply not the same. Nor, indeed, is the member who decided to separate.

No, it ain’t always easy to belong to the Bark of Christ. But, hey, you got something better not based on self?

??? Do I pray for the conversion of those who have decided to go their own way, parted from His Body ???



.

No comments: