Friday, March 22, 2013

Celebrating Lent: 2013


.
Lent 2013: Day 33

When I was a young priest, on Friday’s after I finished teaching my final high school class of Seniors I would visit a young man who lived a few blocks from me. He was several years younger than I was, however, he was confined to a bed after surviving a terrible automobile accident. Before my first visit I was told this young man couldn’t communicate with me (true he was unable to talk) but I was never convinced he wasn’t trying to reach me. Often, as I was walking away from his bed and toward the door, a tear would form in the corner of my eye and I would ask myself: what good am I doing coming here week after week?

I think to myself: what if God thought that about me! What good could God be doing reaching out to me day after day after day and so often I don’t let Him know how much I am in love with Him? God, thank You for not following my example.

??? Are there ways I serve God through serving others ???


.

No comments: