Monday, March 11, 2013

Celebrating Lent: 2013



.
Lent: 2013: Day 23

Did you hear about the British woman who gave up cigarettes on her 102nd Birthday!!!!!
After listening for years about the dangers of smoking she finally heard the words! And she didn’t want to die, not just yet. IF cigarettes would shorten her life, she was through with them… and so she quit. Her name is Clara Cowell and it is estimated that in her lifetime she had smoked over 60,000 cigarettes since she started in 1931. Wow.

As much as I love this life, I desire eternal life even more. I try my best to not enjoy the cigarettes of sin. Sometimes I fail, ugh, but sometimes I hang in there.

Lord, help me today to avoid the smoking mirrors of this life.

??? Do I have any cigarettes burning in my home ???




.

No comments: