Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Celebrating Lent: 2013


.

Lent 2013: Day 30

Over the weekend and for the past few days I have been uncommonly sick. Monstrously ill. I was in such terrible shape that I had to cancel Mass which I never do unless I’m away. It was a horrible experience but I am happy that I am moving through to the end. I did go ahead last evening with a class I regularly teach. A few times I thought I would pass out but I don’t think anyone guessed how sick I actually was.

What made the evening worth it was a response I received after I had gone home and was about to prepare for sleep. The doorbell rang. Friends with chicken noodle soup.

??? How am I at noticing the pains of others and responding to them ???


.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have fully recovered! It's no fun being sick, especially when so many depend on you. We are in Atlantic Beach for three weeks...ready to go to Stations!

Dick Foy said...

Didn't mean for my comment to be anonymous!