Thursday, February 28, 2013

Celebrating Lent: 2013


.
Lent 2013: Day 14

I had a horrible, scary thing happen to me when I was a very young priest. A set of my vestments which were designed and sewn by a friend were stolen from the Church sacristy. It was only these vestments, other sacred objects were “lifted” as well. I was disappointed. Those sacred vestments were dear to me. What troubled me even more is that the police indicated to us that the items were probably taken for use by (what were called in those days) Satan Worshippers for their “Black Mass”. I was distraught. This is a sacrilege. To think that these blessed and, in some cases, consecrated items were to be used in such a “devilish” way – beyond my comprehension.

What does God expect from me in my expression of love for Him? That I celebrate the Eucharist His Son left to us as a memorial, with great care, love, beauty, attention, and devotion. I am never perfect at doing this but I am conscious of His expectation.

??? What can I do to perfect my worship of God ???




.

No comments: