Thursday, February 21, 2013

Celebrating Lent: 2013


.
Lent 2013: Day 8

For the last two weeks I have been spending extra time in my kitchen mixing batter for all the Mississippi Mud I am baking for our Church Friday Lenten Lunches. It’s not really involved and I could probably do it my sleep now. And I wish I could, truthfully.

It’s not a hardship. I mean, I’m doing this for a good cause. (Plus a few sweet treats myself – and NO- I didn’t give up sweets for Lent – that’s another story for later.)

When I stand at the kitchen counter mixing this and that I often turn my thoughts to the reason I do the things that I do, like mixing this batter, pouring it into pans, placing it into the oven, and waiting! Waiting!

I’m doing it for Him. After all, I am very well aware of what He has done for me. Thank you so much, Jesus.

??? Is there something else I should be doing for Him as well ???




.

No comments: