Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Celebrating Lent: 2013



.

Lent 2013: Day 13

I remember my first very best friend. He was great; we were good company for each other, happy, playful. We rode our bicycles all over the city, discovered new places, explored them. Sometimes, we would even go out at night, ride our bikes to the front gate of St. Michael’s Cemetery and wait til the “Green Ghost” appeared. And it would! omg!

We spoke things to each other I have never spoken to another person. Honest, straightforward, trustworthy.

I try to be that very same way with my Creator, my Father in Heaven. Really - what good does it do to lie to Him, to beat-around-the-bush, to hide things? I can’t always explain myself to Him because I’m not always certain why I do some of the things I do. But He knows.

Everyday I am hoping to nourish my friendship with God. So I tell Him everything. My first very “bestest” friend is now deceased, God will never die. Am I fortunate or what?!

??? What am I going to do today to bring us closer together ???


.

No comments: