Sunday, August 22, 2010

21st Sunday in Ordinary Time

"Strive to enter through the narrow gate." Jesus

.


.

Trials can be rich opportunities on our spiritual path if we see them as "discipline". That is: training in new ways of seeing and living.

> Can I name a recent trial that helped me to be a better person?

.

Ego lowering is a big part of spiritual development.

> Do I take trials and disappointments as wounds to the ego that I defend against, or as ways to lessen my ego and rely more on God?

.

The narrow way which Jesus points out to us in today's Gospel reading demands awareness and choice.

> What in my behavior right now indicates that I am choosing the "Narrow Way" ?

.

"Since gold and silver, which are only corruptible metals, are purified and tested by fire, it is but reasonable that our faith, which surpasses all the riches of the world, should be tried."
St. Peter Claver
1580-1654


.

No comments: