Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Today is the Feast Day of St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Bernard was born in Dijon, France in the year 1090. He was raised with a great religious background by faithful parents. He enters the religious Order of Cistercians in 1112, bringing with him 30 of his relatives including five of his brothers. His youngest brother and widowed father entered the Order at a later date.

In the year 1115, Bernard was missioned to the abbey at Clairvaux, France where he became noted as a gifted spiritual writer.

He founded numerous monasteries throughout Europe.

Bernard died on this date in the year 1153.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always wondered if St. Bernard of Clairvaux was clairvoyant? What do you think?

Anonymous said...

fmzFather Pat,
I love this! I have a suggestion, though. I think that you should have a picture of yourself on this blog, so that people who don't already know you can relate to you better.
Teresa Farkas,
Blessed Trinity organist
P.S. I know that you know me, but others don't