Sunday, October 4, 2009

Today's Gospel:

After listening at Mass to the readings, especially the Gospel, there is definitely some area for personal reflection. For example:

What are the actions I use to shore up my own commitments to the community I serve and the significant people in my life?

How can I keep my own commitments life-enhancing?

What do I need to recommit so that God's love keeps flowing in my relationships with others and in my relationship with God? How can I relate these personal insights to people of various life situations, including those who are divorced, never married, etc?

How do I relate to children of other generational groups?



* * * * * *

"It is a lovely thing to have a husband and wife developing together and having the feeling of falling in love again. That is what marriage really means: helping one another to reach the full status of being persons, responsible and autonomous beings who do not run away from life."
Paul Tournier


* * * * * *


"Because the Divine goodness could not be adequately represented by one creature alone, God produced many and diverse creatures, that what was wanting in one in the representation of the Divine goodness might be supplies by another."
St. Thomas Aquinas


* * * * * *