Sunday, October 25, 2009

30th Sunday of Ordinary Time

"Master, I want to see." Bartimaeus, the blind man in today's Scripture, speaks words that many of us could utter. We have our own blindnesses and they disrupt our daily living. Jesus heals Bartimaeus, He can do the same for us. Just ask.

Some questions for today:

Do I believe that God wants to remove the stumbling blocks in my life?

"Master, I want to see": are these words we might speak also?

When God gives to you, where, then, do you go?

+ + + + + +

Some thoughts for today:

"Receive Christ, receive power to see, receive your light ... More delightful than gold and precious stones ... is the Word that has enlight-ened us."

St. Clement of Alexandria (c.150)

"The light in which You dwell, Lord, is beyond my understanding. It is so brilliant that I cannot bear it, I cannot turn my mind's eye toward it for any length of time. I am dazzled by its brightness, amazed by its grandeur, overwhelmed by its immensity, bewildered by its abundance."

St. Anselm of Canterbury (c.1033)

No comments: