Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day 2 Continued

Jean Marie rode the Parish subway just about all over the city of Paris. It certainly felt like it, anyway.
In out final ride, we headed to Orly airport, the other airport in Paris. Orly is for local flights to throughout France.
We stopped off at a few different ticket counters for directions, etc. After receiving what we needed, we looked for a place to grab a bite to eat (lunch). Found an airport restaurant where we could sit and enjoy company and food, finally. Terrific French waiter who became quite attentive and entertaining when Jean Marie told him in French (he knew no English)that I was a priest. The look on his face! (Candid Camera moment). We enjoyed lunch: salad and soda for me, sandwich and beer for Jean Marie.
.
After landing in Paris at 5:00am (still awake from yesterday at 4:30am in Pcola), it's about time to head to my departure gate.
Leave time is 4:15pm to Lourdes.
.

..... Jean Marie took this pic of me as I was walking to ticketing-baggage inspection.....
.
...my flight from Orly (Paris)to Lourdes.
Flight was at 4:15pm. I kept nodding off but no good sleep. Last seat in the rear of the plane and no one nearby. Quiet!
We landed 10 minutes early at 5:25 pm Lourdes time.
.
Depart plane and head to baggage claim (although I had no baggage to pick up). The priest from the Shrine who would be my Director would pick me up. By the time I arrived at baggage, Father Brian (Irish priest who was a member of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate, pronounces his name Breean)was heading in. At first he walked up to another man asking if he were me. NOT! When I saw him, I introduced myself to him and off we went.
.
Tiny car, really. But zipped along. 30 minute drive to the Shine in Lourdes. We had a great chat driving to the Shrine, etc etc. Keys, room... and dinner would be at 7:30pm.
.

No comments: