Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday, October 2: Feast of the Guardian Angels

"Delightful it is to stand ... gazing on the face of the sea. I hear the heaving waves chanting a tune to God in heaven; I see their glittering surf ... I hear the joyous shrieks of the swooping gulls ... Let me bless almighty God, whose power extends over sea and land, whose angels watch over all."

St. Columba: Irish monk and missionary of the 6th century

___________ ____________ _________

See, I am sending an angel before you, to guard you on the way and bring you to the place I have prepared. Be attentive to him and heed his voice. Do not rebel against him, for he will not forgive your sin. My authority resides in him. If you heed his voice and carry out all I tell you, I will be an enemy to your enemies and a foe to your foes. (Ex 23:20-22).

.
Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom God’s love commits me here, ever this day, be at my side, to light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen.

No comments: