Monday, February 22, 2010

This First Week of Lent


As Jesus was lead into the desert by the Holy Spirit, we, too, are brought into the desert of Lent. This spiritual journey of 40 days is a good time for reflection as well as renewal. Along this journey, though, we will definitely be tempted by shortcuts and attractive alternatives.

Our participation in the Sacrament of Holy Eucharist should not be taken easily and dismissively. This is our nourishment for the soul, the strength we need for this passage we have undertaken.

Since our passage is already in its sixth day, let us ask ourselves a few questions:
__________ __________ ___________ ____________ _________

What spiritual progress do I hope to make this season of Lent?

What steps am I willing to take toward that end?

What saving action am I grateful for in my own life?

Do I remember to offer God the first fruits of my own efforts?

Do I nurture the virtue of gratitude in my heart?

How am I doing in regard to temptations in my own life?


____________________ ______________________

No comments: