Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time

In the morning after listening to Jesus, the people were amazed at at the words He spoke. But, by nightfall, their amazement had disappeared.

This "home town" crowd wants to put Jesus in His place, a familiar place, a non-threatening place.
Do I try to put limits on God?
On other people?
_____________________________
"When the headlines grow darker, and at times they will, we (may be) ridiculed for our naive faith, for making the stupid choice of love over power, for trusting in God and in in ourselves. We will anger a lot of the naysayers. Trust. "
Father Dominic Grassi
______________________________
"I have found my place in the Church, and this place, O my God, You have given me. In the heart of the Church, my mother, I will be love . . "
Saint Therese of Lisieux
(The Little Flower)
_______________________________

No comments: