Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Feast of Christ the King


(I took this picture many years ago. I'm still fascinated by it.)
Some questions for today:
How do I respond to Jesus ' claims of ultimate truth in my own life?
What do I believe that Jesus did that brought Him to such trouble with the civil power?
**********************************************
Some thoughts for today:
"Therefore, distrust every claim for the truth where you do not see truth united with love; and be certain that you are of the truth and that the truth has taken hold of you only and has started to make you free from yourself."
Paul Tillich
****************************************
"What is in fact Christ's Kingdom? It is simply those who believe in Him ... Everyone who is reborn in Christ becomes the Kingdom which is no longer the world."
Saint Augustine (354-430)
****************************************


No comments: